MRCS revision sessions
Anatomy and Pathology Museum — extended hours for MRCS Part B candidates
To support candidate revision for MRCS part B, there will be a series of weekday evening and Saturday extended openings of the Anatomy and Pathology Museum in advance of the exams. Candidate self-study is supported by a senior surgeon or anatomist onsite:
- Saturday 23 September 2023, 10am–5pm - Professor Vishy Mahadevan (Emeritus Barber's Professor of Anatomy) will be onsite 12–4pm
- Wednesday 27 September 2023, 10am–8pm - Professor Vishy Mahadevan (Emeritus Barber's Professor of Anatomy) will be onsite 4–7pm
- Thursday 28 September 2023, 10am–8pm - Mr Sandy McPherson (general surgery) will be onsite 4–7pm
- Saturday 30 September 2023, 10am–5pm - Mr Tom Loosemore (vascular surgery) will be onsite 12–4pm
- Tuesday 3 October 2023, 10am–8pm - Mr Terence Hope (neurosurgery) will be onsite 4–7pm
- Thursday 5 October 2023, 10am–8pm - Mr David Drake (Honorary Anatomy Demonstrator, KCL) will be onsite 4–7pm
The Anatomy and Pathology Museum is Human Tissue Authority licensed so all candidates attending these sessions must bring hard-copy proof of their status as a medical professional for access to the museum eg. hospital ID
These will be drop-in sessions with no pre-booking required.
Please note the surgeon/anatomist stated may be subject to change due to availability.
Visiting the Anatomy and Pathology Museum
The APM is at the Royal College of Surgeons of England
38-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
Nearest underground stations: Holborn (Piccadilly and Central) and Temple (District and Circle)
New Study e-resource
All of the specimens in the APM are now available to affiliate members and members of RCS England for online study through a new anatomy and pathology e-resource
For medical students, foundation or core surgical trainees, RCS England offers affiliate membership for only £15 per year, providing a range of benefits to support your journey to specialty training. Affiliate members who take the MRCS Part B with us are eligible for our First 4 membership, which can save you up to £512 in membership fees. Find out more about how to join.