Please enter both an email address and a password.

Account login

Need to reset your password?  Enter the email address which you used to register on this site (or your membership/contact number) and we'll email you a link to reset it. You must complete the process within 2hrs of receiving the link.

We've sent you an email

An email has been sent to Simply follow the link provided in the email to reset your password. If you can't find the email please check your junk or spam folder and add to your address book.

GMC Registration

In order to work in the NHS in any capacity, including training posts, you will need General Medical Council (GMC) registration and a license to practice.

International Medical Graduates (IMGs) can apply to the GMC directly without an offer of employment beforehand. If you have completed an acceptable internship, you will be able to apply for full registration. If not, you will have to apply for provisional registration. The GMC applies rigorous criteria in determining whether registration should be granted. 

The GMC website provides guidance on what kind of registration you can apply for, and any other evidence you may need to provide, for depending on where you completed your training.  

International Surgical Training Programme (ISTP)

If you wish to apply for a short period of training in the UK, you may be eligible for the College’s International Surgical Training Programme (ISTP), an MTI scheme which will provide sponsorship for GMC registration.   

Please note that the RCS does not provide surgical training equivalence certificates, 'certificates of equivalency' or letters confirming that any overseas qualification is equivalent to the MRCS.


Share this page: