RCS England Elective Prize in Surgery and the PKK & SK Elective Fellowships
Deadline: 14 September 2023
We offer two types of award for medical students planning an elective in surgery in a developing country:
The RCS England Elective Prizes are awards of up to £500 for clinical students wishing to pursue a career in surgery and planning to undertake an elective in surgery in a developing country in 2023/2024. This award is made possible thanks to the kind donations of the Preiskel family.
The PKK & SK Elective Fellowships are two awards of up to £1,000 each for clinical students wishing to pursue a career in surgery and are planning to undertake an elective in surgery in India in 2023/2024. These awards are made possible thanks to the kind donations of the PKK and SK family.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- a clinical student at a UK medical school;
- a paid affiliate member of RCS England;
- wishing to pursue a career in surgery and planning to undertake your elective attachment in surgery in a developing country during the 2023/2024 academic year (July 2023 to August 2024).
Become an affiliate member today.
How to apply
There are no application forms or further details. Students wishing to apply should email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a copy of your CV;
- an A4 typed sheet detailing your project and what you hope to achieve;
- a letter of support from a consultant surgeon or dean of your medical school;
- a letter of support from the consultant surgeon where the elective attachment will be undertaken confirming supervision of the project.
If you have any queries please contact Linda Slater at the email above.