Want to be involved?
Volunteering at the Hunterian Museum
Following a five year closure and a £4.6 million re-development the Hunterian Museum opens again in late spring 2023.
Whether you are looking to gain experience in working in a museum; work part-time or are retired and want to be part of a stimulating and interesting environment. The Hunterian is a fascinating place and there are many ways to get involved as a volunteer.
Volunteer activities include:
- Welcoming museum visitors at the main reception desk - providing information and sale of guidebooks
- Shop desk support – information and sales
- Museum invigilation walk-throughs
- College 'Heritage and Collections' tours of the main building
- Temporary exhibitions gallery invigilation (from August 2023)
- Supporting schools sessions
- Contribute copy and support editing of ‘Surgical Spirit’ - the Hunterian Museum e-magazine with news, updates and new research into collections that goes out to all volunteers and is available to download from the Hunterian Museum website
Volunteers will receive:
- Full support and training
- Volunteers-only events and lectures
- Social activities
- Discounts in the café and shop
- Volunteers must be aged 16 or over
- A minimum commitment of two days a month - weekdays and/or weekends
Email Hayley Kruger or call 020 7869 6560 to find out more and make an application to join the team